How to Check Website Speed PerformanceTech Tips + Tricks
Website speed is one of the important things in managing a website. A good website is not only seen from the content but many things must be considered. A website that has a good loading speed, of course, has a positive value from the visitor’s point of view. In addition, website speed is one of the assessment factors in SEO.
1. Google PageSpeed Insights
Google PageSpeed Insights is a service to check website speed provided by Google. Here’s how to do the test:
- Go to the Google PageSpeed Insights website.
- Enter the website address in the column provided.
- Then click, Analyze.
- Wait for the analysis process to complete. After that, the website speed score will appear.
The picture above is an example of website speed testing for the Sagara blog. Google PageSpeed Insights provides two test versions. Test version for mobile and desktop version websites.
GTmetrix can be used to check website speed. The method is almost the same as the previous tools. Here’s how to do the test:
- Go to the GTmetrix website.
- Enter the address of the website to be analyzed.
- Then click the test button.
- Wait for the analysis process to complete. After that, the test results will appear.
The picture above is the result of checking for the Sagara blog. In the test results, some recommendations can be made to increase the website speed score.
3. Pingdom Website Speed Test
The last online tool that you can use to check site speed is the Pingdom Website Speed Test. How to use it is almost the same as the previous tools.
- Open the Pingdom Website Speed Test website.
- Enter the website URL and select the checking server.
- Click the start test button.
- Wait for the analysis results. Then the test results will appear.
The picture above is an example of the test results from the Sagara blog. In the results above, there is information about the score, page size, and time to load the page.
In addition to the 3 websites above, many other websites can be used to check website speed. Website speed optimization is done so that visitors are comfortable when accessing our website. In addition, this becomes a factor in the SEO assessment. Of course, optimizing website speed can help provide more value for our website.