Have you ever had your smartphone suddenly stop working? You know, the Trojan has taken control of your phone and stolen your sensitive data. what is it?, how do trojans work?.
What are Trojans?
Trojan Horse is malware that is good at hiding. The scary thing is, this malware can steal and mess up data and systems on the victim’s device or website.
I wonder, why is it called a Trojan Horse?, The term Trojan Horse adapts Greek mythology, namely the Trojan War.
It is said that the Greek troops succeeded in winning the victory because they infiltrated a large wooden horse (Trojan horse) which was paraded by the Troy army as a celebratory trophy. When the Troy army was caught off guard, the Greeks attacked.
How Trojans Work
The way the Trojan works is quite simple. because it is simple, many people are trapped by this malware. The reason is, the Trojan is able to disguise itself as software that is difficult for you to distinguish from the original.
Here’s how the Trojan works:
- Hacker sends bait to target. For example: PDF files, specific links, software, etc.;
- The target accepts the feed, then clicks on the file they receive;
- The Trojan is active, then sends all the info the hacker wants from the device or website;
- Hackers will control the system and perform various criminal acts;
- Infected devices and servers can transmit this malware to connected devices and websites.
- This malware is only active when you invite it into your device. So in conclusion, the Trojan needs the help of the victim to be able to act.
How to Overcome Trojan Attacks
After knowing the dangers of trojans, you must be more concerned about trojan, these are some tips for dealing with trojan :
- Install the Best Antivirus
- Beware of Foreign Emails
- Avoid Clicking Suspicious Pop-Ups
- Ensure Only Download from Official Site
- Use a Safe Internet Network
- Use Hosting with Strict Protection
- Regularly Update the Operating System and Software
- Perform Backups Regularly